Saturday, August 30, 2025
NEWSDAY
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • In pictures
  • Luganda
  • In History
  • Sports
  • Perspective
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • In pictures
  • Luganda
  • In History
  • Sports
  • Perspective
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
NEWSDAY
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Minister attacks Prime Minister Nabbanja in open letter

by www.newsday.co.ug
November 3, 2021
in News
122 1
Minister attacks Prime Minister Nabbanja in open letter

Hillary Onek

3.1k
VIEWS

KAMPALA-UGANDA/NEWSDAY: Minister for Relief, Disaster Preparedness and Refugees, Hilary Onek has criticised the work methods of Prime Minister Robina Nabbanja and threatened to resign.

In an October 29 letter Onek said Nabbanja was overrunning all her ministry’s activities while she also purged and indicted staff illegally.

“From the time of your appointment, have been observing with total displeasure the fact that my role and that of my deputy as the Ministers in charge of refugees and disaster and the lead policymakers on matters of refugee and disaster management have been totally usurped by your office,” Oneke wrote in a two page letter.

But Nabbanja said “We are changing the mode of work, the other day you saw me with the first lady as we addressed teachers, the other day I was with Katumba Wamala trying to make that contractors do not do shoddy work, am a leader mandated by article 108 of the Constitution to coordinate all Sectors.”

Related articles

‘President’ Nabbanja assumes office as COVID-19 pushes Museveni out

‘President’ Nabbanja assumes office as COVID-19 pushes Museveni out

June 9, 2023
Govt now wants Shs.1.3 Trillion for third Covid-19 wave

Ministry of works starts to construct road to Nabbanja’s home after her orders

July 27, 2021

The conflict between Ministers Onek and Prime Minister Nabbanja started when the Prime Minister diverted Shs. 5 billion from the Shs. 15 billion allocated to the Ministry of Relief, Disaster Preparedness, and Refugees earlier this year.

The issue escalated and it was brought to Parliament for investigation.

MPs on the budget committee asked Nabbanja why she had diverted the funds and yet it is the Ministry for Disaster Preparedness that is charged with responding to disaster issues.


Do you want to share a story, comment or opinion regarding this story or others, Email us at newsdayuganda@gmail.com Tel/WhatsApp........0726054858
Do you want to share a story, comment or opinion regarding this story or others, Email us on info@newsday.co.ug or ,Tel/WhatsApp........0702451828

Categories

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • In History
  • In Luganda
  • in pictures
  • Lifestyle
  • News
  • Perspective
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • World

Recent Posts

  • 8 Scouts Bosses Charged Over Kaazi Land And Destruction
  • How Speaker Among Defeated Kadaga in SEC

© 2021 NEWSDAY.

No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • In pictures
  • Luganda
  • In History
  • Sports
  • Perspective
  • Business

© 2021 NEWSDAY.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In