Koboko. Fire has gutted a drugstore at Koboko General Hospital. The fire broke out in the container that is used to stop drugs and other-equipment worth millions of Shillings around 1 pm on Sunday afternoon.
According to preliminary information, the fire started from a nearby building where some people were welding. One of the men on the site only identified as Mugisha told our reporter that the sparks from the welding and metal fabrication works could have ignited the fire.
“We were doing other works in this nearby house and were only shocked to see smoke coming out of the container, which had been locked. By the time we raised alarm and it was opened, everything was in smoke,” said Mugisha.
None of the Koboko General hospital was available for comment by the time of the incident. Michael Munguacel, the head of Fire and Rescue Arua Regional Office, says that despite putting out the fire, they could not rescue any property.
Do you want to share a story, comment or opinion regarding this story or others, Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel/WhatsApp........0726054858