Kampala. Members of the Royal family descending from the lineage of former Buganda King Daudi Chwa II have acussed Katikkiro Charles Peter for ordering the military royal guards and police to block their prayers organised at Kasubi tombs on Thursday.
According to Dr. Prince Kiwanuka Wasajja, the organiser of the prayers, they had arranged traditional prayers for Kabaka Ronald Mutebi’s health.
“Those royal guards are under the supervision of the Katikkiro. No one else could have ordered them to block us. They came from Mengo,” Wasajja said.
The Kabaka according to Katikkiro Mayiga is suffering from an allergy that has been worsened by wearing covid19 masks. Katikkiro said the King was receiving superb medication and he ruled out transferring him abroad as had been suggested by many people to receive more specialised health care.
The royals on Thursday wanted to add their prayers to science for a quicker recovery of the King.
“Kasubi is a place for the royals but we were surprised that we could be blocked to hold an event there,” Prince Dr. Wasajja Kiwanuka said.
He said the administration of Mengo had been duly notified but as “we arrived at the tombs, we were blocked.”
None the less, they organised the prayers elsewhere.
There are reconstruction works at Kasubi tombs on Muzibuazakampanga. Mengo said that due to that activity, the tombs cannot be accessible to the public.
“Final authority to use the tombs must be acquired from the king himself. Those acussing the Katikkiro are out of order,” a source at Mengo said.
At about mid day when the royals attempted to access the tombs, there was a heavy military and police patrol blocking anyone who attempted to enter there.
Do you want to share a story, comment or opinion regarding this story or others, Email us at email@example.com Tel/WhatsApp........0726054858
Discussion about this post