Masaka. All the Fourteen people confirmed dead when a taxi collided with a trailer along Masaka – Mbarara bypass on Thursday have been identified.
A Tanzanian registered trailer number TH77 BVW / T433 BDY Mercedes Benz hit a Toyota Hiace number UBE 995C that was commuting from Sembabule-Matete to Kampala. The accident occurred at Kasijagirwa village near Gaz Petrol Station, police said in a statement.
A 2020 police report indicates that Uganda loses at least 10 people per day due to road accidents.
The dead have been identified as
1. Nakalule shadia a female juvenile resident of Kasambya Village, Matete Sub County Sembabule District
2. Nankya Maimuna a 70 year old, resident of Kasambya Village, Mateete Sub county Sembabule District.
3. Nakitto Maimuna a 20 year old resident of Kasambya Village Sembabule District
4. Musasizi Moses a 28 year old, a Burundi National resident of Bininkiliro Village Sembabule.
5. Magero Moses a 49 year old resident of Kasana Village Mawogola Sub County Sembabule District.
6. Mwanje Abubaker a 40 year old, a Rwandan National resident of Mateete town council Sembabule District.
7. Kisawuzi Benard a male Juvenile aged 10 years resident of Manyama B zone Mateete town council Sembabule District
8. Matuusa Sara a 25 year old resident of Mateete town council Sembabule District.
9. Katete Francis a 58 year old resident of Mateete subcounty Sembabule.
10 Mudiiba Sharim a female juvenile aged 14years resident of Salama Munyonyo Kampala.
11. Natasha Rita aged 18years resident of Bamwede LC1 Sembabule District.
One Victim who’s in critical condition is admitted at Masaka Regional Referral Hospital undergoing treatment.
Do you want to share a story, comment or opinion regarding this story or others, Email us at email@example.com Tel/WhatsApp........0726054858