- President Yoweri Museveni Sunday night ordered the arming of traffic police to curb criminality.
The president said he took the decision after learning that the assassins who shot at Gen Katumba Wamala’s car killing his daughter Brenda Nantongo and driver Hasan Kayondo drove passd by a traffic policeman.
“But he didn’t do anything because he was not armed. Traffic police will be armed or paired by armed people. They (assassins) met a traffic police but he was not armed,”Museveni said in his side address away from the main theme of covid19.
He also ordered for more security for Gen Katumba Wamala.
“A four star general should have a follow car,” Museveni said.
- Museveni said that the country should not panic giving an assurance that criminals will be defeated.
- ” These people are using our laxity, because we have peace to provoke us, ” Museveni said.
He said his government has a history of mobilising and guarding insecure places.
“We shall defeat this insecurity as we have done in the past,” Museveni said.
In his main address on covid19 Museveni ordered non movements between districts and closed schools for forty days among other measures.
1. Schools closed for 42 days effective tomorrow
2. Churches, mosques and open air worship closed for 42 days
3. All teachers to get vaccinated before returning to school
4. Public, cultural gatherings and conferences suspended for 42 days
5. Travel from category A countries remain suspended except for returning Ugandans
6. Agriculture activities like cultivating and ploughing gardens and fishing to continue
7. Non agricultural activities like factory, construction, shopping malls and super markets to continue while observing SOPs
8. Factories, hotels, Markets, to operate under strict observance of SOPs
9. Marriage ceremonies and other social gatherings allowed with a maximum of 20 people under strict observance of SOPs
10. House parties are strictly banned
11. No. Of persons at burials and vigils should not exceed 20 people
12. Weekly non food markets suspended for 42 days
13. Cattle markets suspended for 42 days
14. All public transport between and across districts are suspended for 42 days from 10th of June 2021
15. All inter district travel banned except between Kampala, Wakiso and Mukono for 42 days. Only cargo trucks excepted. Registered travel vehicles and service vehicles excepted.
16. Public transport allowed within districts
17. Cargo trucks are allowed only 2 people
Do you want to share a story, comment or opinion regarding this story or others, Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Tel/WhatsApp........0726054858