KAMPALA-UGANDA/NEWSDAY: President Museveni Friday night announced a ban on retail business in Kikuubo shopping area as he reopened arcades and public transport but maintained bars would remain closed.
The President was speaking at the end of the initial 42 days of total Lockdown that was instigated by a deadly second wave of covid19.
Summary of Museveni’s address
1.Curfew time maintained at 7pm-5am.
2. Worship and prayer hubs to stay closed until after a 60-day review.
3. Games, betting, casinos, cinema halls, concerts still prohibited.
4. Boda-Bodas allowed to operate up to 6pm, with only one passenger.
5. Opening disciplines must strictly observe SOPs.
6. Kikuubo to open but all kiosks must be removed. Road side vending around Kikuubo barred.
7. Malls, arcades and business centres re-open with SOPs adhered to.
8. Burials and weddings regulated to 20 people.
9. Outdoor sporting events allowed under strict SOPs.
10. Restaurants, saloons stay open.
11. Saunas and steam bath venues stay closed.
12. Conferences and seminars still banned.
13. Schools remain closed until after sufficient vaccination is done.
14. Ministry of health should consider reopening health training institutions.
14. Cap on office workspace workers’ prence edged up from 10 to 20.
15. Private vehicles can move with a maximum of 3 people.
16. Airport to stay open
17. Cargo truck drivers allowed to move with only 2 people on board.
18. Public Transport will open with 50% passenger capacity.
19. Food markets to remain open
Do you want to share a story, comment or opinion regarding this story or others, Email us at email@example.com Tel/WhatsApp........0726054858